Call for papers
Abstract submission is closed. The C&E Spring Meeting 2013 in Leuven, Belgium will focus on the following topics:
- Cereal biotechnology
- Cereal constituents and ingredients
- Structure-function relationships
- Cereal based food production and processing
- Analytical aspects
- Nutritional aspects of cereal based foods, food processing and ingredients
A special issue of Cereal Chemistry based on the topics discussed during the meeting will be published. Authors of oral and poster presentations will be asked to publish their work in the Journal.
Further instructions for preparation of the proceedings will be communicated directly to the authors.
An individual may be presenter of only one (1) oral and one (1) poster presentation.
Specifying a preference between oral and poster presentation type does not guarantee placement in that area.
Carefully read the submission guidelines before abstract submission.
Do not use company names in titles of presentations or throughout the abstract. Using registered or proprietary names or trademarks of ingredients, instruments or other items is also discouraged except when the name is so intimately connected with a particular process as to be synonymous with the method and results.
The C&E Spring Meeting Scientific and Organising Committees will not be editing abstract submissions, so please remember to fully edit and carefully proof your abstract before submitting.
Abstracts may not exceed 1900 characters including spaces.
Other guidelines can be found along the submission process.
The abstracts submitted will be peer-reviewed with special attention for consistency between
- Materials and methods
- Results and conclusions
by considering the
- Innovative aspect
- Importance to the advancement of cereal science
- Clarity of the presentation
- A personalised abstract submission confirmation email will be sent to you shortly after having submitted your abstract. Look for this email to come from 'Mieke@momentum-pco.be'. Please note that this confirmation of abstract submission is NOT a notification of acceptance for presentation.
- Notification of (non-)acceptance will be emailed to the presenting author only by February 1, 2013. Look for this email to come from 'C&E Spring Meeting 2013'.
- If your abstract is accepted, you must attend the meeting.
In case you have any questions or problems with submission or payments, please contact via email.
Oral talks are allocated 20 min (15 min presentation + 5 min discussion).
Presentation date and time will be announced at a later date and appear on the meeting's website.
All oral presentations must be in PowerPoint.
You will be able to upload your PowerPoint file at the meeting.
Poster presenters are required to be present at their poster during certain time frames throughout the meeting (to be announced on the meeting programme).
The Scientific Committee is rewarding the best two presentations given by students at the C&E Spring Meeting.
In order to be eligible for these awards, the awardee(s) need(s) to be present at the closing session on Friday May 31, 2012.